Our research group at ASU Polytechnic Campus performs
first-principles electronic structure calculations
to study properties of materials in multidisplinary
fields such as Physics, Chemistry, Material Science and Engineering.
Key Research Interests
- First-principle calculations of electronic properties, strain effect and photo-chemical characteristics of group IV, III-V, II-VI nanowires, carbon nanotubes and graphene nanoribbons for potential application in nano-electronic devices.
- Engineering and testing of Pt-catalyzed proton exchange membrane fuel cell via simulations.
- Development and study of novel Earth-abundant photovoltaic materials for solar cell application.
- Investigation of novel materials for photocatalysts and high capacity Li-ion battery electrodes.
- Investigation of physical and photo-chemical properties of transition metal oxide catalysts.